Help me, please; my GP says that my thyroid is fine and being managed.
My Thriva report in May 2021 stated:
TSH level was 1.79 (1 - 2.5) and Free thyroxine (FT4) 17.1 (12 -22).
I had blood taken on the 20/10/21 as I have been feeling horrendous. My lymph nodes are elevated in my throat and armpit area, my joints hurt, the uveitis in my eye keeps flaring up, and I feel drained. I am expecting to have eye surgery next month because the uveitis treatment has caused damage to the lens in my eye. I feel overwhelmed at the moment.
My GP and the specialists at the hospital (ophthalmology, rheumatology and ENT) don't have any idea why I continue to have all of these problems. I feel it is because my thyroid is not being adequately managed.
Here are the results from the blood test carried out at the GP surgery.
- FREE T4 - Normal Serum free T4 level: 14.2pmol/L (9.00 - 19.00pmol/L)
- Thyroid function test- Serum TSH level: 0.2miu/L (0.35 - 4.94miu/L)
- Serum folate - (jrandell) - Normal Serum folate: >20.0ng/mL (3.10 - 20.50ng/mL)
- Serum vitamin B12 - - Normal Serum vitamin B12: 351ng/L (187.00 - 883.00ng/L)
- Serum iron tests - (GP) - Normal Serum ferritin: 50.1ug/L (10.00 - 204.00ug/L)
My GP also carried out other extensive blood tests because I have been on Sulfasalazine and Methotrexate for my joint pain, Psoriasis and Uveitis.
-epi -GFRcreat is stage 2 - mild renal dysfunction: 80 mL/min (90.00-99999.00mL/min)
I am unsure of how to proceed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.