Hello All, further to my post 3 weeks ago, i have received some more results and would really appreciate some advise please.
My main symptoms i want to deal with is delayed fatigue after moderate amount of exercise (fatigue and Brain fog kicks in after 24hour hours). I have cut out Gluten, grains, almost stppoed dairy. I have just started easing into a ketogenic diet although i find this too difficult being vegetarian. I really need to get well as i'm finding it very difficult to hold down a job - if i lose this things will really get from bad to worse!
Adrenal stress test (Cortisol and DHEA) results:
Sample collection: June 23rd 2017
Sample 1 at 9 am: 13.35 (2.68 - 9.3) - HIGH
Sample 2 at 1 Pm: 30.57 (0.75 - 2.93) - OFF THE CHARTS
Sample 3 at 5 Pm: 1.30 (0.36 - 1.88) - NORMAL
Sample 4 at MIDNIGHT: 0.77 (<0.94) - NORMAL
DHEA sample (AM) : 1.72 (0.25 - 2.22 NORMAL
DHEA : CORTISOL RATIO : 0.13 NORMAL (0.05 - 0.32
I am usually a little stressed and anxious most mornings ( actually i remember i didnt go to work that day due to anxiety). At 1pm was out shopping for food and nutritional supplemnts and remember being very stressed and tired. But this result seems to be way off.
BLOOD RESULTS 17TH JUNE 2017
VIT B12: 669 pg/ml (197-771)
FOLATE: >20 (>2.9)
FERRITIN: 119 ug/l (30 - 400)
C reactive protein: <0.6 (<5.0)
TT4: 88 nmol/l (59-154)
TSH: 0.94 mIU/L (0.27-4.2)
FT4 17.9 pmol/l (12-22)
FT3 4.4 pmol/l (3.1-6.8)
RT3: 25 ng/dl (10-24) *** high/out of range
TGab 105.5 IU/ml (0-115) *** high/out of range (i know i have hashi's)
TPab 220.3 IU/ml (0-34) *** high/out of range (i know i have hashi's)
I am currently on 100mcg Levo since last week, ( but i did do a few weeks on 125mcg before that when the brain fog got really bad)
Since the tests i have also started taking:
1. BIOCARE multi vits
2. multi minerals including Vit D and B12
3. Hemp oil
5. Seleno cycteine
6. gingko biloba sometimes
7. co q10 sometimes
8. Vit c/ascorbic acid sometimes
9. trying to low carb to high fat diet.
The advice i am looking for is:
1. What does the morning high cortisol levels mean - and what should i be doing about this. Ie. i have read that increasing thyroid meds is not a good idea until and adrenal issues have been sorted out. So do i need to do anything before i change my thyroid meds?
2. Should I be worried about the High rT3? My understanding is that it is high because i've probably got enough fT3 in my cells already and my body is blocking any extra getting into the cells. Or does this mean something else?
3. I have received an order of Thiroid - is there any point in me switching from Levo? If so how much should i be taking? At the tie of the blood test i was taking 125mcg, but i have gone down to 100mcg the last 7 days.
4. could my while situation be sorted by just increasing iron, even though its in range?!
Really appreciate any feedback and wisdom and thanks in advance. Thanks to those who have responded in the past and really appreciate your feedback again!