Hashimoto Blood Results: Complete Version

Hi everyone

These are some of the blood results for my friend who has Hashimotos and Coeliac Disease. She asked me to post them as she is unfamiliar with the forums and is feeling low.

These results are from Germany so some of the abbreviations may differ.

TSH 1.37 mU/I (0.4 - 4.9)

FT3 3.0 pg/ml (1.7 - 3.7)

FT4 1.1 ng/dl (0.7 - 1.5)

Thyroid Peroxidase AK(TPO) 15+ IU/ml (-<6)

Thyroglobulin AK(TAK) 4+ IU/ml (-4.1)

Ferritin 78 ng/ml (5 - 200)

Vitamin B12 434 pg/ml (190 - 880)

Folate 13.3 ng/ml (>3.1)

1.25-di-OH-Vitamin D 42.6 pg/ml (20 - 62)

She is also currently diagnosed with Fibromalgia and mild depression. She says her weight is hard to control although she does not eat big quantities, which seems to indicate hypothyroidism...

Any feedback and suggestions on these figures would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to repost but my last post was in parts so it was unclear.

Many thanks

2 Replies

• normally i would be wondering about her ferritin results but as its over 70 and her free t3 is well up i would have to conclude that maybe she is reacting to the fillers or synthetic nature of levothyroxine

it may well be that her fibromyalgia and depression would respond much better to taking NDT but not sure if Germany allows this

• What about her vitamin D and B12 being midrange?

She is on levothyroxine only, also so I wondered if she would benefit from T3.

Also, could her TSH be higher? I read in 'Stop the Thyroid Madness' that it usually needs to be quite low to suppress symptoms?

Just learning about all this so I didn't want to tell her anything that I wasn't sure about...

Thanks for the reply :)

You may also like...