Good Morning, Good Afternoon and Good Evening Everyone
It seems that somebody has already popped another Friday into our week before I've had time to make the most of the rest of the days!
If today is the first, or one of the early Fridays / start of your weekends within your stopping smoking journey, then make sure you think ahead and plan for the weekend.
- Think about the reasons you have chosen to stop smoking
- Think about where it could go wrong for you this weekend - Maybe use any past experiences of stopping smoking and learn from them.
- Think about what you could do differently from when you have relapsed in past quit attempts / practise runs
- Think about who you can lean on within your circle of friends for extra support should you need it, or pop on here
- Work on 'what you say when you talk to yourself'... Positive self talk really does help.
- Practice your breathing exercises - it's better that you know how to use them ready for when you need to use them
If and when the cravings set in, they are a positive sign that your body is recovering from all those poisonous toxins and chemicals that you have been putting into it over your time as a smoker.
Whether you have a cigarette or not - the craving will pass. Choose wisely