No Smoking Day
2,644 members31,358 posts

Day 5! For the win

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading through here for the last couple of days and have found some very interesting information :)

So I thought I would join in and share with everyone my quitting adventure. I am on day 5 of my second quit attempt (1st attempt lasting 2 years!) such a silly idea to take to back up again by Ill leave that in the past!.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and I wish you all the best with your quits

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Morning katie2 . Good to have you with us. I am on attempt number 3!

How is it going? Are you cold turkey or using NRT? I used an e-cig which did the job for me (so far so good).

This group is the best when it comes to offering support so post whenever you need to. ☺

1 like

Hi Mushen, Thanks for having me here :) And...Its actually 4:30 in the afternoon here hahah :)

I am cold turkey, It worked in the past so I'm going at it again, I dont get alot of the horrible withdrawal symptoms, particullary if Im keeping busy at work, although when I am at home relaxing with a beer, I am constantly trying to occupy my mind to avoid thinking about smoking!

I have never used an e-cig before, though I am glad that it is helping you on your quit :)

1 like

I think that keeping going occupied is the key to it.

Well done and keep going!

Welcome katie2 nice to have you here. Good luck in your quit, look forward to reading your quitting story :)

Huge welcome katie2 and congratulations on Day 5, almost at your first milestone of 1 week! I too quit cold turkey and will be 1 year free on Saturday.

You appear to have a great mindset, continue to read up as much as you can, knowledge is key!!

Welcome.

In all honesty I've lost count what number of quit I am on but can say I am more determined than ever this time - age and finances are a huge issue for me. I have quit 3 times cold turkey twice when pregnant and another time when I stayed off them for about 13 months. It seems I can quit it's staying quit that is my issue. I think when you have quit longer term you create a false sense of security in a way that 'one won't do any harm' which simply isn't true.

Well done on getting to day 5 cold turkey. This site is amazing and the support everyone gives each other as everyone has been through quits.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress

Hello Katie!

Glad to have you here and well done on getting to day five. Let us know how you get on.

I don't even know for sure what attempt number I am on anymore....must be five or six!

Welcome katie2 !!

You definitely came to the right place!

Keep up the good work

N.O.P.E

xo

Wanda

You may also like...