Day 5! For the win

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading through here for the last couple of days and have found some very interesting information :)

So I thought I would join in and share with everyone my quitting adventure. I am on day 5 of my second quit attempt (1st attempt lasting 2 years!) such a silly idea to take to back up again by Ill leave that in the past!.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and I wish you all the best with your quits

8 Replies

• Morning katie2 . Good to have you with us. I am on attempt number 3!

How is it going? Are you cold turkey or using NRT? I used an e-cig which did the job for me (so far so good).

This group is the best when it comes to offering support so post whenever you need to. ☺

• Hi Mushen, Thanks for having me here :) And...Its actually 4:30 in the afternoon here hahah :)

I am cold turkey, It worked in the past so I'm going at it again, I dont get alot of the horrible withdrawal symptoms, particullary if Im keeping busy at work, although when I am at home relaxing with a beer, I am constantly trying to occupy my mind to avoid thinking about smoking!

I have never used an e-cig before, though I am glad that it is helping you on your quit :)

• I think that keeping going occupied is the key to it.

Well done and keep going!

• Welcome katie2 nice to have you here. Good luck in your quit, look forward to reading your quitting story :)

• Huge welcome katie2 and congratulations on Day 5, almost at your first milestone of 1 week! I too quit cold turkey and will be 1 year free on Saturday.

You appear to have a great mindset, continue to read up as much as you can, knowledge is key!!

• Welcome.

In all honesty I've lost count what number of quit I am on but can say I am more determined than ever this time - age and finances are a huge issue for me. I have quit 3 times cold turkey twice when pregnant and another time when I stayed off them for about 13 months. It seems I can quit it's staying quit that is my issue. I think when you have quit longer term you create a false sense of security in a way that 'one won't do any harm' which simply isn't true.

Well done on getting to day 5 cold turkey. This site is amazing and the support everyone gives each other as everyone has been through quits.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress

• Hello Katie!

Glad to have you here and well done on getting to day five. Let us know how you get on.

I don't even know for sure what attempt number I am on anymore....must be five or six!

• Welcome katie2 !!

You definitely came to the right place!

Keep up the good work

You may also like...