Todays lunch, gluten free roll with grated ... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

50,928 members β€’ 9,291 posts

Todays lunch, gluten free roll with grated sweet potato and mushroom burger.

Jerry
JerryAdministrator
β€’10 Replies

Hi everyone,

I made some of these to have with salads and I had it with with some salad in a home made gf bread roll.

The burger I made with sliced chestnut mushrooms, onion, yellow sweet pepper, which I gently cooked in olive oil with grated coconut butter then and then added grated sweet potato chia seeds sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds with cumin, coriander, turmeric and ginger. Then I added some water with plain gf flour and mixed thoroughly.

Chia seeds are really good at helping to thicken and bind foods as they absorb 10x their weight of water, so are also great for thickening fruit. And they're very healthy...

Unfortunately you can't see the burger very well in the photo because of the salad but I was trying to get a side shot like they do in the adverts...LOL...😊

10 Replies
β€’

πŸ˜‹ yummy

Jerry
JerryAdministrator in reply to avoid-sugar

😊

Zest
ZestStar

Your meal looks very appetising, Jerry

Zest :-)

Jerry
JerryAdministrator in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest...😊

Hidden
Hidden

What is burger made of? Do you mind me asking if it's primarily seeds and nuts to meet your protein needs for CD? I'm currently interested in alternatives others find it useful. TIA.

Jerry
JerryAdministrator in reply to Hidden

Hi anothermember, I add sesame seeds as they are a very good source of calcium as I have border line osteopenia, I also really like seeds toasted like pumpkin seeds which's why I add them. I also use quinoa flour as that is a complete protein and gluten free.

The burger I made with sliced chestnut mushrooms, onion, yellow sweet pepper, which I gently cooked in olive oil with grated coconut butter then and then added grated sweet potato chia seeds sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds with cumin, coriander, turmeric and ginger. Then I added some water with plain gf flour and mixed thoroughly.

Jerry 😊

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Jerry

Thank you, Jerry. :)

Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator

Looks fantastic and colorful!πŸ˜€ Love burgers with salad on the side.πŸ˜€πŸ‘

Jerry
JerryAdministrator in reply to Activity2004

Thanks Leah, it went down a treat too...😊

Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator in reply to Jerry