Job centre moan

These work assesment interviews are doing my head in, i had to sit in the jc for 2 hours last Friday, pretending i worked there lol, to get me used to the work environment, should be used to that by now after 45 years of working lol. I was too late for my appeal to be changed from the wrag to sg, but i have written to them anyway since i was awarded higher mobility rate, jc stresses me out i hate the place , well more i hate mixing with the people in that go in there, i have nothing in common with them , one women i was with last week couldnt string a sentence together, may be i am a snob huh, I WANT TO RETIRE, do you hear that Mr Cameron, i am 60 please dont make me try to get another job, thats if they can find me one that can cope with ME and my arthritic body, just off that subject , i am having some problems with pains in my calf muscles (i can wait for 3 weeks for Drs app lol), and they feel really hard, any idea anyone.

Moan over , have a good day all

angelm xx

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds horrid. Gosh I would even get there, let alone last the duration! What happens if you can't manage it?

I am awaiting assessment

• Well they say that you have to go , wonder what they would do if i couldnt manage it one day , on Saturday i have to and take 3 months Bank statement , nosy buggers want to know if anyone is paying me , worried my daughter as she as been paying me back some money she owed me and paying back in small amounts like £40 or £30, but it has her name next to it and Mom lol xx

• Some people, for one reason or another didn't benefit from the education system however they are still worthy of help and assistance. I do understand your point I too am 60 and worked from 15 years of age until the age of 49 when I had to stop through ill health. We manage on my Husbands disability payment and two work pensions. Very few people starting out now will ever benefit from work pension, I have no solution I do understand your frustration. Lou x

• I was just having a moan Lou, i hate going in there, i get by, live on my own but have a lovely son, daughter in law, daughter , son in law and 2 gorgeous granddaughters, as well as 3 sisters, 2 brothers and all their families, we are very close and all gather at my moms (she is 85), or if i cant go out they will all come to me, full house some days , i am blessed really xx

• That's it I count my blessings daily I too have a wonderful family. xx

• Sending hugs! I'm currently studying politics, my plan is to overthrow the government and take back our rights!!! One day anyway....

Karen x

• Hi Karen, I will join you in that one, i want the right to retire at 60 lol xx

• Hi angelm54

I am so sorry to read that. I do not think that I would fancy that myself either?

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken x

• Hi. I was about to post a thread about ME and signing on. I used to work for myself but since my business went bump I have realized that i have no choice but to sign on. I have got my first appointment today (dreading it)! Do I tell them I have ME and if I do will they say I shouldn't be on the dole. This may well be in my favour they may get me on esa. What should I do. i am due to go at 8.45 am today so please reply before then!

• Sorry I didn't get back to you, did you tell th, you need to see your doctor and get h to give you a medical certificate xo

• Hi angelm54. Yes I did tell them I have got an appointment with the disability adviser next week. When I had my interview she asked me if i thought I was fit to work and she said I might be best to go on esa. I am worried that if I have to go on esa that my doctor will not give me a medical certificate as he doesn't seem to see what is in front of him. He will not diagnose ME or fibro, he just keeps telling me I have different things every time I see him. First of all he told me I had problems with my thyroid then he told me it was anxiety he has now said I am bordering on anemia which is why I feel so tired (what an understatement). When I gave him a list of my symptoms ( I gave him a written list) I could see the cogs going round in his brain and I was dying to tell him it was ME. He has also sent me to the hospital which is nearly an hours drive away to have a 24hr heart monitor as I though it came back normal (what a waste of petrol).

You may also like...