Well our youngest dd has had a bfp this morning, omg we can’t believe it!! Early days as her af isn’t due until Sunday but her temp has stayed up much longer than normal so she thought she’d check. For information they have been ttc for just over a year. After coming off the pill her cycle was ridiculously messed up, with no regularity at all, sometimes 40+days, the next 35 days etc. OPK’s were showing no signs of ovulation.
We eventually had private bloods done to check her Thyroid (hypo is in the family) which came back as sub clinical. Since then, 4 months or so, she’s been charting her bbt and taking inositol, dchiro inositol, vitamin C, vitex, vitamin d and K2 as well as pregnacare conception. She’s also been eating much more healthily, stopped all booze and got back into a decent sleep pattern.
She went to her GP last month for primary infertility and he got her day 26 (32 day cycle the previous month) blood tests ordered, results were back this week, her Thyroid is now down to 1.4, her fsh and lh are balanced 1:1, her progesterone was low, only 2, but she got her af the very next day after the blood was taken as she came on earlier than predicted by the fertility friend app. Looking at last months data her luteal phase was really short, just 8 days, hence taking the bloods too late in the cycle.
She ovulated 11 days ago this month so her luteal phase is longer than last month already. We were thinking of starting her on natural progesterone cream if af arrived this month, ready for the next month.
Now we’re not sure whether to keep her on the vitex, start her on the cream or to stop the vitex and not start the cream and leave it to her body to hopefully produce enough progesterone to keep the embryo safe.
Did anyone else end up with this dilemma and if so what did you decide please, any info would be wonderful?
We’re keeping everything crossed, she’s going to test again on Sunday if nothing changes, thank you! 🌹 xxx