Thank you for your reply. I was not far off menopause at 47, so that may have been part of the decision.
We've demanded an early review with the consultant or one of his team (this coming Monday) as I have been left in limbo with a GP who won't touch me and a third hand explanation of my procedure just before hospital discharge by a registrar who wasn't even in the operating theatre.
Hopefully I can get some idea if the extent of my endometriosis and demand a referral to specialist. I'll ask him do grade my condition and see if it holds up to the descriptions of stages I read last night. The explanation I've had so far of my adhesions and separation/repairs and decision to remove all repro organs sounds like I'm around stage 3 in which case I need to follow up the credibility of the op I've just had. We are demanding an MRI or some sort of follow up scan as I have severe pain in my right hand side and chest pain when lying down, bed to know if there's any remaining condition. I am giving up at on sleep at 4am each night/day.
I wonder if we have the same GP surgery in the centre of town and not far from the hospital itself?
I did pay to visit a private GP (opposite the hospital) in January when my own GP made it clear she thought I was wasting her budget and time with my many complaints. The private GP was marvellous and immediately suggested endometriosis as a possible cause and very surprise it hadn't been flagged years ago. If I don't get anywhere on Monday then I'll go back to her for a consultation and referral to a specialist. They also offer private scans.
I hope you get the answers you need. I'll let you know any answers I get that might help.