W8R3 oh it was hard

I finished my 3rd run of week 8 tonight and it was soooooooooooooo hard. I failed run 2 on sunday then nailed it on monday and felt very positive. But tonights run was one that I thought seriously about giving up several times but didn't after thinking about everyone on here putting in so much effort. The pace was slower than I managed on monday and Laura sounds like she's a lovely woman but ..........

We're off to visit family on friday until the following saturday and I really think I might take my running gear (that sounds so professional doesnt it?).My in-laws live near a canal and the thought of a flat run is very appealing.

Good luck to all wherever you are on the programme.

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi isabella it is very easy to become disheartened, even at W8 i guess.

When i get like that i run with other people usually at my local

Parkrun. Great for motivation and encouragement. Keep going

and good lucm, Ed x

• Thanks Ed. Good luck with your next parkrun.

• Why don't you take an extra day between runs? - I find it helps me massively on the next run. Don't be too hard on yourself - you did it and you will graduate! Sometimes you just have to put the head down and grind through it. Best wishes. :)

• Why don't you take an extra day between runs? - I find it helps me massively on the next run. Don't be too hard on yourself - you did it and you will graduate! Sometimes you just have to put the head down and grind through it. Best wishes. :)

• I think I'll give that a go Oona thanks.

• Whoops! :) A bit trigger happy this morning! Think my coffee was too strong! :)

• Lol

• Another thing to try is choosing your own music. The first time I failed was when I was trying to run through mud, unsuccessfully, to the sound of "So easy, not so easy now."

I decided that was not terribly motivating (!) so first of all I made up my own playlist but found that I was counting down the minutes track by track so now I've got an opera selection that has several long tracks which means I can't tell how long I've been running!

It works for me!

• Thanks dottiemay. I've made up a playlist with some of my favourite stuff in it but have stuck to Laura so far despite the terrible music because I like being told how far I've got to go. Maybe Its time to wave bye bye to Laura.

• This made me laugh: "The first time I failed was when I was trying to run through mud, unsuccessfully, to the sound of "So easy, not so easy now." I decided that was not terribly motivating (!) "

Hilarious! Running through mud sounds pretty tough, well done for figuring out a way to keep going.

• well done for sticking with it and seeing it through! That's a big achievement on it's own, but especially so if it follows a 'bad' run. Don't let those get you down, there is no rhyme or reason for the occasional pants run.

as Oona said (several times :-) ) an extra day between runs could help, I occasionally do this and it definitely helps. Also, I love running by the river, I'd grab the chance to run by the canal. A flat run (apart from the short slopes next to locks, if you pass one) could be just what you need to motivate yourself.

Week 9 is only an extra 2 minutes, you can do it! Good luck :-)

You may also like...