It was the best of runs, it was the worst of runs... W8R3 done!

After postponing my run yesterday (head cold), I thought that I had better just do it so as not to fall too far behind. I aim to graduate by next Sunday, my 43rd birthday. I had it in my head that I would graduate and be a true runner by then.

My head was pounding, nose stuffed up and I felt dizzy when I woke up. I took cold medicine, almost talked myself out of it, but then decided that I had better just do it.

When I headed out it was still early and it was raining lightly. As I got into the run I thought of the posts I had read over the past couple of days and thought just do it, one foot in front of the other.

Well I did it, nothing in the tank for Laura at the end I am afraid, but I finished! It felt so good to get it done that I count this as a "good run". Week 9 here I come!

9 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done. It's so hard to get out there when you're feeling under par. You're a runner :-)

• Well done, hope your cold is better soon. All that fresh air and th endorphins should help!

• Well done, good effort to get out there despite feeling rough, you should be proud.

• Thanks everyone! This community has been such a help, it can really get you motivated AND provide you with info. I went to the questions section to find info on running when sick (I didn't want to make it worse and not be able to run for a week). Someone said "as long as it is in your head only go ahead and run", if you are achey all over don't do it. They were right!

• Love the Dickensian (Tale of 2 Cities) reference ;-)

Well done!

• Very well done! I ran W5R3 with a nasty cold. I hope you are feeling better for grad week!! :-)

• Wow! How good must you feel getting out there and having done it despite feeling rough. You are a total star but don't forget to make full use of your rest day by taking it easy. Your health is so important.

• Well done Canuckgirl. Good luck with your Grad week!

• Fantastic, canuckgirl!! Welcome to Week 9!! Hmmmmm...celebrating your birthday with a graduation "badge" sounds like an amazing gift to yourself!! I hope that you start feeling better soon and that you have a great graduation week!!

You may also like...