Blotted my Pearsey copy book!

Oh dear-been struggling with cold/cough for past week. Yesterday was culmination day-really came to a head, so today I didn't run-taking my own advice-but have rested. Cough is the main problem, despite increasing inhalers. Really exhausting!

I will see what the rest of the day brings, and if I don't cough tonight keeping me from sleeping i will run tomorrow and Saturday instead. Meanwhile, tea, sympathy and abounding other fluids :-(

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Colette, I graduated on Saturday, was really pleased, but have also had terrible cold so have not been out since.. I am hoping to get back out tomorrow as I am getting withdrawal symptoms. I hope you are feeling better soon, take care Jackie xx

• Hope you feel better soon Colette, youre doing the right thing, I went out running while I had a cold, not realising it was on my chest and developed a nasty hacking, wheezy cough for a few days which set me right back and I didn't end up running all week. Rest up and you'll be back soon ;-)

• Thank you both for your good wishes. Yes, had a bit of a go at some people who have thought they were heroic going out with infections. As a retired nurse i know just what harm you can do to your body-ending up worse than if you rested and took it easy. I too am having withdrawal symptoms-it's like a drug, running, but unless i feel an awful lot better tomorrow I will not be going out. I may even do the sensible thing leave it until Monday.

Pretty gutted, as haven't had any time off during 5k-but that's life :-)

• Feel better soon Colette! Me thinks you need a warm bubble bath, a hot toddy and a nice warm blanket and rest. :-) Double on the hot toddy... ;-) I really do hope you feel well enough to try a run tomorrow, just don't push yourself to hard if your still ill. Best wishes! Gayle

• Sorry to hear this Colette but yes you need to rest and get better before going out again, though I dont need to tell you that obviously with your background!! Get well soon! Sue x

• Huge Thank you to you both! Mmmmmmmm! Bubble bath and double hot toddy sounds just what the doctor ordered.

I need telling, despite my background Sue, lol!! Like I need permission??

Colette xx

• Sorry to hear you're ill, definitely think a little bit of TLC is required, feet up, snuggled into warm blanket (or hubby), cup of something warm and a bit of relaxation for a few days :) Get well soon xx

• Thank you eshaz14-i will email you-promise! xx

You may also like...