Best app to map my runs? Your thoughts please! - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
88,202 members120,250 posts

Best app to map my runs? Your thoughts please!

GreenLizard
GreenLizard
11 Replies

Hi I haven’t run since 27 Oct due to horrid cold now cough 🤧 But am trying to keep motivated by thinking about how I can map my runs as will be finishing week 9 once I am better and back into regular runs.

Look forward to reading your responses from my sick bed 🤒

Thank you!

11 Replies
oldestnewest
ChainsawCharlie

Hi, I always use MapMyWalk, it accurately measures distance and provides a map of where you have been. Useful for planning future runs. It also provides audio updates on mileage, time and split times if , like me, you are a bit of a geek.

Happy running.

1 like
Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate

I always used Strava. Worked well along side c25k and my music.

Hope you feel better soon 😊

1 like
Milajayne
MilajayneGraduate

Strava for me, seems accurate

1 like
Mumpark
MumparkGraduate

I use Map my run it talks to you and you can set it for miles or kilometres and also you can listen to your music at the same time

1 like
Grannytobe
GrannytobeGraduate

Sorry you're not feeling good. I just run sorry, exciting as I never know where I'll end up although it appears I know local area well and usually estimate back to start point within a 5min walk distance.

1 like
BaddieThePirate

Runkeeper for me. Get well soon and all the best for your graduation.

Tasha99
Tasha99Graduate

Best thing I did was buy a garmin 35 👍🏽

UXB1

Strava is excellent,will keep you motivated as it gives you a comparison to how you perform against other users and that’s what can motivate you to push yourself 👍

GreenLizard

Thank you all. A variety of ideas for me to play with once back out there. Appreciate your input 😁

Speedy60

I use Strava. I find it easy to use and reasonably accurate. My only concern is that it can be tempting to run faster and faster to beat previous runs. Beware: that way lies injury.

GreenLizard

Thank you and interesting insight 😁

You may also like...