Week 2 Day 3

Today was the last run of the week and was done in the pouring rain. Everything went really well, with all the runs giving me no problems. I don't know if it was the rain or my stamina having gotten better, but it seemed that I was able to run and walk faster than I did in the previous two runs. The podcast had reached the middle point of the last 2 minute walk when my mp3 player decided to fizz out. I didn't give up though. I ran from where I was to my house. I counted foot falls rather than seconds (right foot, left foot 1. right foot, left foot 2.), so while the timing may have been off a bit, at least I still got that last run in! Skipped the cool down walk, but I did some stretches instead.

(slightly more detail: tinyurl.com/bq8h7g9)

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done with the diy at the end! You are whizzing through - brillant.

• That's great, congratulations for progressing so well! I'm trailing along in your wake, just going to start week 2 tomorrow morning. It's so helpful and inspiring hearing people's honest accounts of their runs, good and bad. Thanks.

• Well done for keeping going in spite of the technology and the rain! You're over the hardest bit now which is just getting off the couch. :-)

• I did my W2 run 3 today - my knees were complaining quite a bit and I was pooped at the end - so much so that there is no way I could do the next level yet so will repeat it on Tuesday and review but will follow your blog with interest to see how you get on ... :D

• I'm having to put week 3 on hold myself due to my mp3 player not working and my new one not getting here yet. Will still do a walk/run, but won't actually be able to follow the podcast until Friday. Figured I'll start it next week. Will put me behind, but that's ok.

You may also like...