Couch to 5K
79,618 members110,879 posts

W9R3 done and dusted!

I'm thrilled to report that this morning I finished the C25K programme and it feels amazing.

Not the furthest I've run in 30 minutes - a little under 4km today - but I'm putting that down to not having run since last Thursday, poor air quality in London, the heat, and a heavy weekend. It was my birthday so I'm allowed.

Today I ran with my eldest son who's a good runner and who had lots of tips for me to get faster and stronger.

So, two days after I turned 57, I have achieved something I never thought in my wildest dreams I could ever manage when I set out on a cool Saturday in May and struggled to keep going for 60 seconds at a time.

I'm going to be sensible and spend a few months consolidating before deciding whether to move to running further, or faster.

Thanks everyone for the support along the way. It's been a blast, albeit a very red-faced one :-)

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Wow, congratulations! Doesn’t it feel good? Have fun with the consolidation runs, I really enjoyed mine. Step up onto the podium and get your graduation badge here: healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

1 like

Well done, that's a brilliant achievement. I'm at run 3 week 5 and hope I can manage what you have!

1 like

Congratulations on your graduation and your birthday. 😃😃😃

Look back over your previous posts and remember the person who feared W3r1, and enjoy how far you've come.

Happy consolidation runs

1 like

I know, right? All those worries and niggles and not wanting anyone to look at me - it feels like a different person wrote those posts. My head is in a different place and I just don’t want this feeling to stop.

1 like

Amazing achievement, well done you - hope you have fun with whatever you choose to do with your running next 😀

1 like

What do you mean by consolidation run? Are they the Couch 2 5K+ podcasts on the NHS?

Yes you can use those or you can just run using a different app and see if you can get faster. That's what I plan to do for a few months, before deciding what to do next.

Congratulations 👨‍🎓 🎉🍾

1 like

Congratulations, well done. Enjoy the consolidation runs, no pressure on those just start and stop when you want

1 like

You know you're awesome, right? :)

1 like

Many congratulations on your graduation fellow runner.

This guide to post C25K running may be helpful healthunlocked.com/couchto5...…….what-next

Keep running keep smiling.

1 like

Congratulations! A brilliant achievement!

1 like

congratulations well done what a great achievement x

1 like

You may also like...