Couch to 5K
54,941 members87,481 posts

Week 4, run 1 ❄️ Brrrrrrr

So what does every mum of a 5 month old baby want to do when the man is looking after baba for a few hours? Get up at the crack of dawn and go for a run in the sleet and freezing cold obviously!

So I got myself told, crack on with the programme instead of repeating last run. I did and I’m glad I did...although the last minute of the last run I felt slightly like I was running backwards through treacle...!

My shins feel a bit sore now...is this just caused by excess weight ? Any stretches for shins?

I feel like I’ve lost so much fitness through pregnancy and this time off it all. It’s annoying but I know I’ve just got to get on with it to get fitness back! I really feel like I’m back at step one again..!

Heyho week 4, run 1 - done...!

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Be kind to yourself.🌟👏👏

Believe it, you will get it back.🌟👏👏

You have been there before.👍

No tension just relax, start positive, stay positive and enjoy.RSPSPE.🌟👏👏

Slow and steady is the solution to everything with this running malarkey.Its a no brainer.That is a top compliment.🌟👏👏🏃‍♀️💫

2 likes

You gained a different kind of fitness. You are not back at Step One, you are moving forward.

Interesting thing about the shins... women's feet do, I believe, get bigger after pregnancy - they sort of spread. I have noticed that my feet have less padding under them as I get older, so maybe that transmits forces differently? Plus... I have a hunch that the 'forcing yourself/cross with yourself' runs are more likely to result in pain.

You are doing *fine*, more than fine.

4 likes

Just moving on in a different way!!!

You are doing wonderfully... Super Mama.. take it easy, take it gently and try landing lightly again..kiss that ground with your feet, you are brilliant xx

4 likes

Belated many happy birthday returns Floss.

The Mentor woman and author of everything Slow and Steady and much more, squishing , kissing etc, 🌟👏👏🏃‍♀️.Gremlins and feet.👍🌟

Gosh, got off track momentarily, need to go a lay down.🙈😂😂

Keep bringing it, for many, many more happy years.🏃‍♀️💫💫

2 likes

Thank you so much xx

Well, I say well done! Come on, pat yourself on the back. This is you, in a new chapter- super mama and exercise diva! See you around fellow runner!

2 likes

You may also like...