Couch to 5K
62,067 members94,784 posts

Is it weird that I like running in the rain?😁

Just got back from completing week 6 run 1...it's very cold & wet out there...but I enjoyed it 😊 am I a total loon or is there anybody else who is willing to admit such a crazy notion?😂🤣

17 Replies
oldestnewest

I like running in the rain too. I find it a good distraction and let’s be honest we wouldn’t walk in the rain for the sake of it so it’s a nice way to be with nature too.

1 like

Funny enough I do to it great

2 likes

Very true 😊

1 like

I’m the same. I can’t really explain it, but I am enjoying running in wet, cold wintery conditions at the moment too.

I ran whIlst it was snowing last night, and whilst that was a little treacherous underfoot, it was great!

Saying that, I’m sure I will enjoy running on long summer nights too!

1 like

It definately has a bit of an edge to it 😊

2 likes

Hi! I am yet to try running in the rain! It’s really weird that I started C25K in September and it has never rained on any of my runs!! (I will probably get absolutely soaked next time I’m out!!) In Scotland so it’s very strange! I don’t think I will mind it too much... be better than icy and wind!! 😀

1 like

Oh how odd!!!you need to try it 😁

Makes me feel like Wonder Woman. 😀💪

2 likes

Haha 😁 awesome

1 like

Everyone likes it I’d say🙂 Important to wear the right gear though as if you finish your run aways from home you want to be warm You can quickly get chilled if you’re wet through.

I recently got a more expensive run jacket only to find it lets more rain in than my cheapo Aldi one. Tsk ☹️

1 like

I went to my local Park Run this morning in the rain and there were still over 200 people running :D

1 like

I love running in the rain - but completely agree with misswobble about the right clothes. I keep my body warm & dry with a light breathable jacket- everything else is happily wet! 😃

1 like

Loon. Definitely ;)

1 like

Haha 😂🤣 i'll let you have that 😉

1 like

I love running in the rain, and very rarely wear a jacket for it :)

1 like

I had my first experience of it at the weekend too and weirdly loved it, having always thought it must be awful! There's definitely a feeling of freedom and a kind of exhilaration. I also noticed that there were more runners out than normal that evening too!

1 like

Definately 😊

You may also like...