Couch to 5K
65,211 members โ€ข 98,522 posts

W1R3 / week 1 - completed

Damn, I just finished writing to you and stupid technology deleted it. Maybe it was not optimistic / positive enough :P

So long story short: I did it with my dog (she needs to re-learn all jogging process). It was definitely a run, mostly faster than I planned (my beloved sled-dog). We need to work it out how to make those joint runs relaxing and de-stressing.

Keep your fingers crossed for my back, as it suffered yesterday a bit. And they were the reason for my last IC break.

Happy running!

17 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Very well done you!

1 like

Keep going Iga, you are doing great!

1 like

Thank you :)

Go Iga - you know it's within you, now we just need to sort out that pesky back!

1 like

I was sorting that out during last couple of months ;) so now it's getting better and better :) I just need to learn to run with dog again, the same as she needs to learn how to run next to me instead of pulling :P we will get there eventually. I think I'll be doing 1 run alone 2 runs with her - plan still under evaluation.

Oh yes only positive posts allowed here! Automatic delete for those that are not unremittingly glowing ๐Ÿ˜€

Really nice to see you am running Iga. I so admire your dogged (geddit) determination! This time is your time ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘

1 like

My doggie determination fluctuates. But I believe running is good for both of us, so it's worth trying and hopefully only initial effort ;)

2 likes

Well done for getting out there, dear Iga! And with doggie too - wow! I admire your doggedness. ๐Ÿถ Did you feel good after the run? Take care of that back.

I am inching my way off the IC, and leg is starting to feel much better. Might even try R1W1 again this weekend. Failing that I have a physio appointment booked in for Wednesday with a very well respected running physio. I am hoping I will be able to cancel it, all being well. ๐Ÿ˜€

Sadie-runs ๐Ÿ˜˜

1 like

Afyer run I felt better. My PMS crying mood (of course without any reason) was gone :) I have my another chiropractor appointment this Friday.

I hope your leg allow you to run this weekend without even a blink.

1 like

Running really helps my PMS, too! ๐Ÿ˜€ Good you are seeing a chiropractor. I wish your back a speedy recovery! Happy running, dear Iga.

1 like

Great to see you back at it IgaT ...been looking forward to your post...be careful of your back...I have everything crossed it stays ok x

1 like

It should be ok. I am going slowly. Just need to pay more attention to my dog during next run and take more treats for her ;)

1 like

Okay was it lucky 13 today then?

I had to postpone the run till tomorrow. So ot will be lucky late 13th :P The day was good, just was running around supermarket after groceries instead of outside. Tomorrow starting stage 2 also known as week 2 :) Surprisingly, I cannot wait :)

Go girl..... just got back from my run too

1 like

1 hour warm up walk done. Now downloading music, hydrating, and ready to go ;)

1 like

You may also like...