Week 5 run 1...๐Ÿ˜•

Well that was a bit of a struggle!!!I have been fighting off a cold since the end of last week...(last time this happened i was knocked out for 2 months with a nasty sinus infection so i am a bit paranoid!!!)so i dont think i am 100 % at the momwnt

Also after my efforts NOT to avoid hilly bits on mondays run my knees are killing me today & hurt all the way around.i managed to keep going & didnt stop but feel a bit disappointed that it was such a struggle to keep going ๐Ÿ˜•

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Oh Claire! Do you take any vitamin supplements ? I have found I get fewer colds from taking a daily multi-vitamin, and my joints have been much better since taking cod liver oil (I used to get hip ache from an old skateboarding injury). Only trouble is that I rattle like a pill pot when I run ;)

2 likes

I dont take any vitamins but i really should be!!!sounds like good advice ๐Ÿ˜Š i will have to get some.oh so you were a skateboarder?thats a cool injury to have haha...far more interesting than having a creaky knee from running(which is a bit of a stretch of the imagination today...wasnt so much running as dragging myself around at a snails pace!!!)i am feeling a tiny bit sorry for myself now ๐Ÿ˜•

Well the cod liver oil certainly stopped my hip aching and my knee from creaking. Might take a while to get into the system though.

Don't feel sorry for yourself, just maybe leave an extra day between runs to rest those joints?

Yes, I used to skateboard everywhere as a kid. I fell off heavily at a skate park once. Long time ago now! Stupidly I tried to show off on my daughter's board a few years ago and fell flat on my backside trying to do a simple move, much to her amusement!

1 like

Oh dear!!!i suspect that many parents have done the same thing!!!my 19 yr old son has been obssessed with skateboards since he was about 12...loves a good old carve round the town ๐Ÿ˜‰ i have never dared step onto it because i know exactly what would happen...i would 100 % fall flat on my face or my backside haha ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ thanks for the advice...its much appreciated ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Oh...i forgot to ask...how are your sore legs/leg?are you on the mend?hope its all feeling better ๐Ÿ˜Š

My sore leg is much better, thank you. I can walk normally again now instead of like an old man (even if I am one). It does still feel tight though, especially when going up or down stairs, so I think a few more days rest are in order before trying again. I just hope I can continue where I left off........

1 like

Thats good...glad to hear its on the mend ๐Ÿ˜Š oh...& less of the old man nonsense...haha ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 like

Oh donโ€™t be disappointed, you still got out there, some runs are harder than others...I know what you mean though when itโ€™s a struggle, but you did it...even with a cold looming..& hurty legs!! Maybe take an extra rest day before heading out again...give yourself some tlc

1 like

Just feels like a bit of a fail...but thats probably just me feeling sorry for myself haha ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ i will be heading out again on saturday for what seems an utterly impossible run 2 of week 5 x

1 like

You need to read some of my old posts...well, not just mine, most of us have those kind of runs, those hard runs, when our legs just donโ€™t want to go...or our lungs donโ€™t want to get us through...when our bodies feel heavier than ever...you are not alone & if you read some posts from graduates you will see that...you were out there, I know about runs that arenโ€™t satisfying...but any run is better than no run at all..chin up, shoulders back, ready for your next outing xx

1 like

Thankyou very much ๐Ÿ˜Š xx

1 like

You may also like...