Couch to 5K

Week 5 - stalled slightly

Hi Guys & Gals,

Random question, i did Week 5 Run 1 on Sunday afternoon, and planned to do Run 2 last night, and Run 3 tomorrow.

Life got in the way, along with a huuuuge traffic jam on the way home, which scuppered all plans for Run 2 last night, and cant make it tonight due to little one's football commitments.

My question is, how quickly can your fitness/stamina drop off? Im not overly worried, and will be doing Run 2 tomorrow, so will be a 5 day gap between runs.

Cheers all.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

There’s no need to worry. 5 days won’t undo all that hard work. The only thing that’ll affect you is likely gremlins. I had a 2 week break due to a cold and the hardest thing was making sure I went it for that run once I was better. You’ll be great doing run 2 tomorrow. Good luck

Thank you - the gremlins shouldnt be a problem as im itching to get out!!! :-)

1 like

No worries! You should be OK with that gap...😊

1 like

Yes - I've had a 5 day #lifegotintheway before, and although it was annoying it didn't affect my running!

It takes a while! If you maintain your exercise on rest days, that helps too.. non impact of course.. I had nearly a month off after a calf tear.. back on target now though :)

1 like

No problem at all continue as you are... as MrsT82 said she was poorly for much longer and it was fine. Happy running

1 like

You may also like...