Couch to 5K
65,319 members β€’ 98,692 posts

Just a little update

For those who read my post yesterday , i have woken to no pain at all!! Just taken the pooch for a walk and i feel better now than i have in a long long time.

Hopefully my body is adjusting , so w5r2 is happening tomorrow morning , decided im going to try a new route down by the shore , in a hope the sea air and new scenery will power me through the 8min intervals. Im feeling very excited!!!

12 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Great news.

Keep running, keep smiling.

1 like

Good! A new route is always fab! By the sea even better

Im hoping so , will be my first time down by the sea , not sure how the cold air will effect my breathing (something ive not mastered yet!) But only one way to find out! Im lucky that i live just outside the new forest and lots of beaches and shore lines so im going to mix it up when i can.

Just breathe without thinking as you normally do. Just go slow enough and that should happen

I ran on the beach for the first time recently and loved it. Got my feet rather wet πŸ˜ƒπŸƒβ€β™€οΈβœ”οΈ

My problem is i breath in when im running to stop my jiggly bits from jiggling around to much and end up sounding like a dodgy steam train mid run lol. This is something im working on , yesterdays run was much better on the breathing front.

I dont think ill be going near the water just yet only laced up my new trainers for the first time yesterday , but i might take them off for a post run paddle after 😁

Go go go - but keep old floss close to hand and go go go but slow slow slow

1 like

At the risk off sounded abit dense , what is old floss? 😊

1 like

Oldfloss is one of the forum's wise mentors and it's her saying whenever any of us are fretting about speed or distance. She has loads of wisdom. Sorry I assumed you would know the name. Look at her famous rambling posts- she is fab

1 like

Me :) !!!! xxx I. am an Oldfloss!

2 likes

Glad you feel better... keep that smile :)

1 like

I am always banging on about slow and steady...but, it takes us to where we want to be safely, injury free and having had a great time en route!

The sea run will be brilliant! Breathe in and out, anyway that suits you...as long as you breathe.. you will be fine:)

1 like

Oh i see! Thank you , i only joined yesterday so just finding my way around. Glad i did tho , finding it very incouraging. Thank you ladies i will definitely keep your wise words in my head tomorrow old floss and keep at a steady pace 😊

1 like

You may also like...