Just a little twinge 😳

I have a little twinge in my ankle, not a twist, not a sprain - a little uncomfortable and a tiny bit swollen. It's my first running injury ( except for the tuning lungs in the first few weeks) and I don't know whether to risk tomorrow's w7r3?

I don't want to make it worse, but will be gutted if I can't go tomorrow. Any advice gratefully accepted 😳

8 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Tuning lungs should be burning lungs πŸ˜‚

• Haha I was wondering what 'tuning lungs' were thinking I must look that up 😁😁

• I would rest it up for a day or so and see what it is like on Friday and have a go then

• Poor you. I know how you feel but I would rest it too and if it's swollen ice pack and elevate it. Needs to be raised above your heart. It's better to rest now and miss a day or two than make it worse and have to miss weeks 😞

• What the other two said. I'm into week 2 on the injury couch because I ignored twinges. I know how you feel but better some disappointment now, than lots of disappointment later.

• I feel your pain pollyp1. I also battled on to w2r3 when my ankle & knee gave out. I am walking more comfortably now but I'm going to wait a bit longer before I go back to the programme. Chin up I'm sure you'll be back soon.

• Right back at you! More or less in the same place as you. Chin up and looking to the future!! Hope you're up and running soon.

• I kind of knew the answer but thanks for your concern. I will rest tomorrow and keep everything crossed for Friday πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜”

You may also like...