I've only gone and done it 😁😁😁😁

So last night this happened- I ran 5.2k in 41 mins . Not the fastest time ever I know but 8 weeks ago a minute of running was sheer torture, and in week 3 I cried and went home on one of the runs, so glad I dusted myself off with some kind words from this forum and carried on. I ran with a club which worked for me - I needed the encouragement and camaraderie of a group to get me through.

Quite emotional at the end and we all received a medal and a t shirt for our efforts and we had a celebratory buffet (with lots of.cake)!

Now to maintain and improve - signed up for a transition course starting next Tuesday , onwards and upwards. πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Yay good for you!

What a great achievement. You should be real proud of yourself.

Cake is the best motivator :)

• Definitely- and wine !

• Oh I wine continuously when I'm out running :)

• very good!

• Cake and a medal - what more could any 5k runner want?! :D

Now just make sure you continue to take it sensibly, build up strength/pace/distance gradually cos you're in this for the long haul now! :)

• Well done you!!! You can keep the cake..but the medal WOW!!!

• Congratulations! Sounds fantastic - medal AND cake! Two of my favourite things!πŸ˜€πŸ₯‡πŸ°

• This is so helpful to read! I am about to start W4 at the weekend and am so worried that I will give up. I couldn't even run for one minute at the start and feel that I'm doing ok - although three minutes of running currently feels more like thirty! Your post has given me hope that it can be done!

• You most definitely can do it - and you will. The biggest battle is in your own head, so I was told and it's true . I found the first 5 -10 mins of the longer runs really hard and could so easily have stopped, but once I pushed through that seemed to find a pace that I could maintain. Good luck πŸ˜‰

You may also like...