Couch to 5K
62,114 members โ€ข 94,842 posts

I've only gone and done it!! ๐Ÿ˜„

Yesterday was the final run of the program and the heat made it a tough one.

I was in the peak district for a long weekend and ran along the Transpennine trail, flat all the way, lovely and quiet.

If I think back to how I felt at the start of this journey, I was determined but apprehensive and daunted at what lay ahead.

I have learned that I don't give up, I usually have more in the tank if I need it, and I don't like hills.

I love to run to music and it's like a metronome that keeps me going, adjusting my pace to the BPM.

I've learned to keep a slow pace, and naturally I've become quicker without thinking about it...it just happened and is still happening.

I have health anxiety and due to a heart condition I worry about this, a lot. I don't have any restrictions on activity at the moment, so I've had a bit of an ongoing mental battle with my breathing, and sometimes I can feel an inkling of panic, so I just have to tell myself 'you are running, of course you are out of breath, just relax'.

I love technology and stats (Strava), and I love running gear. Never ever thought I would wear proper running shorts, but in this weather, it's non-negotiable!

Next? I'm doing my first Park Run on the 4th August, and in the meantime, I'm going to keep the distance the same, and mix it up with some hill training (cos I just have to get better at hills), and some intervals.

I'm mindful not to go too crazy as I've heard this is time for new runners to get an injury. I know I'm still in the very very early days of my running life, and it's also something that I will do for the rest of my life if I'm able!

Happy running everyone!

21 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Many congratulations on your graduation fellow runner.

This guide to post C25K running may be helpful healthunlocked.com/couchto5...โ€ฆโ€ฆ.what-next

Keep running, keep smiling.

1 like

Wow congratulations, youโ€™ve done amazingly ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Well done completed mine today great achievement for next the 5to10k ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Oh my Little-runner Im just catching up today and Im so pleased to see you've done it! Graduated! You star!! Congratulations to you and well done! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐ŸŽ“๐Ÿ˜โค๏ธ

2 likes

Thank you lovely! I'm chuffed to bits! x

1 like

What a fantastic journey ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Many, many congratulations! ๐Ÿ…๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ

Enjoy that great acheivement, and your new ability!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

1 like

Well done Little-Runner! Proud of you.

1 like

What a great graduation run! I know what you mean about your heart I think. I have SVT and this programme hasnโ€™t given me a momentโ€™s problem - thanks to the warm up and the โ€˜go slowโ€™ mantra! Still, the odd thump from my heart triggers a brief anxious moment and a few seconds of self-monitoring before I can truly relax again ๐Ÿ™„ enjoy the running GRADUATE!! ๐ŸŽ“๐ŸŽ“๐ŸŽ“๐ŸŽ“๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

1 like

Thanks Equi-geek. Itโ€™s good to know Iโ€™m not alone in my anxiety. Haha...and you called me a โ€˜graduateโ€™! Thatโ€™s brilliant, I am arenโ€™t I?? Yay! ๐Ÿ˜

1 like

Loved your post! A BIG well done to you! Congratulations! Glad you recognize to not go crazy in the next month or so.

๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฐ

1 like

Thanks so much! Yep, not going crazy as definitely donโ€™t want an injury. x

1 like

Huge well done you.. what a super place to Graduate... it rained in Buxton today!

The journey goes on! IannodaTruffe has given you the link :)

1 like

Hey Oldfloss, yes it was a wonderful location, just looking at the views was definitely keeping me distracted from the heat! I would of loved some rain to cool me. x

1 like

Oh wow I love your post!! And having just read Fabulous450 's shorts post I'm blown away (alright and a bit emoshe! ๐Ÿ™„) by the strength and sheer guts that we find we have when we really dig deep and look for it! It's been there all along! I just LโคVE this forum!! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿค“

Hey Flara, this is without doubt the most supportive forum Iโ€™ve ever been on, ๐Ÿ˜

What a lovely bunch us runners are! x

Congratulations very well done๐ŸŽ“

1 like

Well done you it sure sounds like a fab grad run ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•ถ๐ŸŒž

1 like

Congratulations and well done! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฅ‚๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅ‡

1 like

Well done - massive achievement. My advice is to repeat week 9 at least for next 3-4 weeks. Maybe the heatwave will have subsided by then and just think how strong your body will be

1 like

Congratulations!!!

1 like

Huge well done Little!

1 like

You may also like...