Feeling rather proud of myself😃

Sorry for a rather pointless post but I just had to share as I feel so pleased with myself!

I've just completed run 2 of week 7 and actually felt like tonight something clicked finally. I managed to run around 4km in the 25mins and felt like I was really flying!

I know it's not about speed but I can now finally see myself covering the whole 5km 😃

Again sorry for my pointless post but I could burst with excitement! I think I can finally say that I run! ☺☺☺

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Very well done.. that feeling is amazing isn't it? :)

You are right..it certainly is not about speed.. just go with the flow, take it steadily and if it is meant to be, it will be... just don't force it.. we do have folk on the forum who have pushed too hard and ended up on the IC...

Not being a wet blanket and I think you are doing amazingly...I just worry :)

• Thanks oldfloss, definitely not a wet blanket just honest and caring and I agree completely. Tbh the 1st half I pushed and the 2nd half I slowed right down, it is just an amazing feeling to finally feel like I've accomplished something ☺ onwards and upwards hey!

• We understand.......... millions wouldn't!!

Those moments are wonderful waymarkers on this fantastic journey.

Keep running, keep smiling.

• They certainly are! I always laughed when others said how good a run made them feel, now I understand! 😃

• That's not pointless, it's a massive achievement. Well done 👍

• Thank you :-)

• We get it 😃 You can tell us all about it and we love hearing everyone's news, or how they got on. lots of us have folks at home that glaze over 😃

• Thanks misswobble. So true that ppl glaze over, don't think you can ever understand until you've done it.

• Far from a pointless post- the best kind to share!

Well done! It is lovely to hear that the programme is giving and working for you x

Keep going 🏃🏃🏃

• Thank you, it really is ☺ I remember looking at each week before I started thinking '20 mins?!' '25 mins?!!' Never haha

• And so you should! Whoop whoop join the Runners' Addicted Club 🤗

• I certainly am 😃

• Well done ! Yes you should be very proud of yourself - nowt wrong with that ! :-) xxx

• Thank you 😃

• It is not a pointless post at all. You should be very proud of yourself. Well done and take it easy xx

• Thank you :-)

You may also like...