Week 1 completed...(& feeling rather proud!)

Week 1 completed this morning by 7am! Yay yay! Of the 3 runs this week, 2 have been early morning and 1 in the evening. I've found that the evening run was both easier and more enjoyable so will continue to go out at this time.

Looking back, when I got home on Monday am after my first run, I felt sick, ached like crazy and was totally breathless; I did think I was maybe a lost cause! Today I'm feeling good, yes, I puffed and had to dig deep at times but what a difference two more runs have made.

I'm shopping tomorrow for some running shoes and am looking forward to no longer being that Couch Potato!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done. Once you do that first week and see the benefit from just 3 runs - you're hooked! And each week builds on it - you'll love the feeling of achievement and before you know it you'll be running for 30 mins.

Enjoy the shopping!

• Completely agree! The best thing is seeing progress week on week, run on run even. The programme is so well designed, it really does work which keeps you motivated.

• Well done to you, I run early morning with my dog and I find it puts me a good mood for the whole day.

• Well done! No better way to celebrate and reward yourself then with new running gear!

• Well done, enjoy week2

You may also like...