Week 1 completed!

Hello! I'm 37, and as I have been gently expanding for the last couple of years I felt now was time to do something about it. I've always been put off running by treadmills in the gym and the fact it triggers my asthma in a way a cross-trainer or cycling doesn't. But with the podcast and the lovely little park at the end of my road, I've managed to complete week one. It's been a revelation exercising outdoors, and I've enjoyed seeing the range in ages and fitness of the other people running around the park. Plus listening to the birds chirping as I cool-down. Now for some new trainers and week 2!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You have made a great decision and are now on your way to becoming a runner!

Follow the programme, take your rest days and enjoy.

Keep posting here, you will get lots of help and support on your journey.

Enjoy 😀

• Well done, you've started an incredible journey and you sound so positive - great stuff.

Keep us posted :-)

• Welcome and well done! It was such a beautiful spring morning today - I was glad to be out and running. Take it easy (no need to push the speed) and enjoy the programme! I'm in week 7 and going strong.

• well done, im at roughly the same stage .ive just finished week 2 run 1 . wow, it looks so easy on paper doesnt it! Keep up the good work , im doing it on my treadmill and admire those getting out to do it, maybe i will when i feel more confident :)

• Well done!

• nice work! starting week 3 tomorrow. cant wait :D

• Well done - I finished the same yesterday! :)

You may also like...