back on the IC

back on the IC

So a while since I posted, things were running along smoothly Until I stepped out of my unit on the rig and went over my ankle.......Ok so its not as bad as a year ago when I had a slight tear in my tendons but its definitely put me back on the IC. Had it strapped up for a week and ice every night after shift, Ibuprofen Gel and paracetamol and the bruising is now coming out nicely. Hopefully when I get home as its 2 weeks post doing it the swelling should have gone down and I can start physio again :(

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Ouch!!!! You are sure it is not broken ?

it is very swollen :(

• yeah, I can still weight bear (just). The medic onboard has been great and its strapped up all shift so i cant really bend my ankle or foot. I am now able to move it a bit but my little toe hates me when I try and scrunch my toes up. Both parents are Podiatrists so they have got me a special support for it when I get back on land

• Oh yowch! Good to hear from you. Do take care of that foot. Hope your recovery is super swift...

• so do I, a week in and I am going mad, never thought I would miss exercise as much as I currently do

• Oh no, looks painful!! Rest up, sending you healing thoughts.

• thanks, luckily its reasonably quiet for me on the rig right now. not had to move much yet.....

You may also like...