Couch to 5K
60,211 members92,869 posts

back on the IC

back on the IC

So a while since I posted, things were running along smoothly Until I stepped out of my unit on the rig and went over my ankle.......Ok so its not as bad as a year ago when I had a slight tear in my tendons but its definitely put me back on the IC. Had it strapped up for a week and ice every night after shift, Ibuprofen Gel and paracetamol and the bruising is now coming out nicely. Hopefully when I get home as its 2 weeks post doing it the swelling should have gone down and I can start physio again :(

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Ouch!!!! You are sure it is not broken ?

it is very swollen :(

yeah, I can still weight bear (just). The medic onboard has been great and its strapped up all shift so i cant really bend my ankle or foot. I am now able to move it a bit but my little toe hates me when I try and scrunch my toes up. Both parents are Podiatrists so they have got me a special support for it when I get back on land

1 like

Oh yowch! Good to hear from you. Do take care of that foot. Hope your recovery is super swift...

1 like

so do I, a week in and I am going mad, never thought I would miss exercise as much as I currently do

1 like

Oh no, looks painful!! Rest up, sending you healing thoughts.

thanks, luckily its reasonably quiet for me on the rig right now. not had to move much yet.....

You may also like...