Couch to 5K

Back on the IC after Parkrun 🙄

Back on the IC after Parkrun 🙄

Got up this morning to blizzard conditions 🌨

Didn’t put me off going out though, so donned my shorts, vest and jacket....and shoes of course...and set off in a howling bitter wind!

I was really up for this, and felt good as I made my round the course through the mud and numerous unavoidable puddles/ponds 😖

Then at 4.3k I felt the hamstring in my right leg pop, ouch that hurt, forcing me to hobble the rest of the way. Another session on the IC, 10days after recovering from my last injury....non running related! 🤬

Happy running guys, have a good weekend whatever you’re doing 😎

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Oh no! That is really bad luck. Hopefully with a bit of rest you will be back to normal soon. Take it easy TedG I want to read about your HM success, so you need to get well again 🙂

2 likes

HM isn’t til Sept Emma.... lots of time yet! 😊

I recovered from a 2wk shin injury 10days ago then did 27k in the last 10days....could’ve been too much after the lay off! 🙄

Sorry to hear that ! How annoying to say the least. I’ll sit on the couch with you while I’m recovering too 🌷

2 likes

Oh Ted. 🙁 If I were you, I would get myself to a physio. Hamstring injuries are tricky (trust me). Take care and rest! x

2 likes

I’ll see how it goes over the next couple of days. If no improvement, I’ll take your advice. Thanks Sadie 😊

1 like

This is such bad news Ted... hug but gentle hug for you :)

Take the advice from Sadie-runs .. get yourself to a Sports Physio...we need to take care of you :)

2 likes

Thanks Floss, I’ll see how it is on Monday and take it from there 😊

Oh no! Can't believe that rotten luck😪😪😪 it does sound like you might have overdone it. Do take care x

1 like

Thanks Liz, just one of those thrings 🙄

Oh no! Sorry to hear this Ted, not having much luck recently. I'm on the IC too with piriformis syndrome. Not much fun eh. Keep us posted on how things are and fingers crossed it's better soon. No rushing it though :)

I had to google your ailment fpf, painful if it’s anything like sciatica 😬

I’m making an appointment to see a sports physio, hope they can sort it 😊

Trouble is, when you get to a certain age, you don’t mend too quickly 🙄

Get better soon 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

1 like

Ow! 👎Wishing you a speedy and warm recovery !😊

You may also like...