Back on track - off the IC!

Back on track - off the IC!

I did a test run this morning after a week on the Greek IC (that particular IC comes highly recommended, by the way), and I am happy to say that I am back on the running track. ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ

I got up very early in the morning, before sunrise to avoid the heat. The little town where we are staying was still sleeping, and it was so quiet and beautiful. I went slowly and steadily, avoiding the mountains, and enjoyed every moment of it. The sun came up as I was running, and I was glad I brought a bit of water but even more glad to find that my calf muscle isn't acting up anymore. Hurray!

I'm so happy that I got to run here! Wish I could add a photo, but that will have to wait until we getter better wifi.

Update: Photo from my running route in Vathi where I did my Greek run. Soul balm.

Last edited by

24 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Brilliant news Iben ! That sounds really encouraging and positive .

I am so pleased for you that you managed a run on your lovely Greek Island.

Heres to your continued recovery ! :-) xxx

• Great news Iben. Enjoy the rest of your holiday running.

• Ooh, lovely Iben! Running on holiday in such a lovely place is such fun. Really glad you're off the IC!

• Great stuff! It's a wonderful feeling to be out running and watch the sun come up. It's just so simple, stripped back and costs nowt but joyous ๐Ÿ˜Š Glad you were able to experience it.

Go steady now as it's a critical time. Do enough to keep supple and fit but not too much. Ease yourself back in. Epsom salts? ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Epsom salts? What's that?

• Brilliant news - congrats Iben.

• Sounds wonderful! I kinda like the mental image of "avoiding the mountains", like you might accidentally trip over one or something ;P

Congrats on getting yourself back in the game x

• That's how we Danes, from flatter-than-flat Denmark, feel about mountains. Dangerous things to be avoided, especially when you're running.

No, seriously, English is not my first language. What I meant was that I didn't run in the mountains on my test run.

• I am so glad you are up and running again Iben!

What a beautiful run you must have had! :) Well done :)

• Sounds idyllic, hope you continue to recover well!

• Good to hear Iben.

• Let us just for a mo envisage the Greek IC. Sunshine, swimming pool, cloudless blue skies. Then there's a clear, warm sea, tzatsiki, lamb, Greek yoghurt with honey and nuts, sticky pastries and plenty of reading. Torture. Anyone in their right mind would rather be up before dawn running

• You've got the picture of the Greek IC completely right. And perhaps we're not in our right minds...

• I think running does that to you. Great news that you are able to run again.

• Great news :)

• Magnesium sulphate. Good for aching muscles and beloved of runners who bung two cups in a hot bath post run. I got mine from the equine shop ๐Ÿ˜Š

• That's fantastic news!

I'm very happy for you and I'm looking forward to seeing the photos. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Photo added to this post :-)

• So, now that you ran the Ithaca promenade, do you feel ready for the Copenhagen one? ;)

• Nope :-)

• Oh, come on! You know you're ready; don't be a shrinking violet! ;)

• Not ready at all! But thanks, Saverio.

• Lucky you, off the Injury couch so soon! I am very envious stuck here with my hobble and limp. Glad you are enjoying the sun and recuperating nicely ;-) Well done

• Oh, I hope you will get better soon! So frustrating to be on that couch.

You may also like...