In the zone...a bit too much maybe

I decided that as I don't have to do the school run for a couple of weeks to try and go out for a bit longer in the morning. I'm building it up slowly and planned a 5.5k route this morning. It's on roads I haven't run before but they are in my neighbourhood and on my route to and from school so you'd think I'd know where I was going wouldn't you. Well, apparently not. I was running along listening to my mp3 player (Bjork in case anyone's interested) when I suddenly realised I'd ran past the road I was meant to take. Quick about turn and I was back on track. What a dozy so and so! In my defence it was early and still dark...

I made a really good time though, 5.5k in 36 mins. The meds must be working! :)

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • That's a great time! Well done you and what a joy not to have to do the school run for a couple of weeks or so! Enjoy! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• It is a joy. Shame I still have to go to work though!

• Oh dear yes, that is a shame. Work does get in the way doesn't it! πŸ™„

• Yes! I have tomorrow off though :)

• Oh goodie 😊

• Ha - love that you were so in the zone that you weren't bothered about where you were to turn off. Go you!

• I'm very impressed that the lack of school run is translating into longer running! I'm looking forward to a few mornings of not having to get out of bed early once I finish work on Thursday...

But yay, happy (daylight) running!

• I might brave the daylight on Friday too. Unless that means I have to brush my hair first lol!

• I was thinking I'd take advantage of the winter break to do more running but then it was so cold this morning, actually painfully cold, that I have decided to ditch that plan! Enjoy your longer runs!

• It's been ridiculously mild here. Crazy weather!

You may also like...