Wk3r2 :)

Went out just before dark today. Took 2 puffs of Ventolin while getting changed and another just before stepping out the door. Used my buff over my mouth/nose until about half way through the first 3 minutes run. And it was all ok :) Didn't need inhaler during or afterwards :)

Hopefully this means that my lungs are getting used to it. We'll find out for sure when I do the final run of the week!!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Ah Well done Cookie !

I have no personal experience of Asthma myself , but a buff is perfect to stop the cold air getting into your lungs .I use one in the cold weather and they are just the ticket !

Good Luck and please keep posting so we can follow your progress :-) xxx

• Thank you. I will certainly keep posting, as the advice and support from others on here is brilliant!!

• Sounds like you've found what works for you 🙌 I'm asthmatic too, and use symbicort before my runs but always carry a ventolin with me, on the occasions I've been without it my brain convinces my lungs they're struggling - I know it's just a cousin of the running gremlins but she can be pretty convincing!

• I have symbicort and hadn't thought about taking that before a run......might try it just to see what sort of difference it makes....

• Sounds great 😊

• Fair play to you I've no advice re asthma just admiration your out there .... Your finding what works and these forum friend get me through every run

• Thank you :)

• Well done, we also did W3r2 last night. still can't imagine being able to do this those longer runs of 20 minutes.

• Let's not worry about that until we have to!!!

• That's the spirit!

You may also like...