My Runniversary

One year ago today I completed C25K :)

I've continued to run for at least 30 minutes 3 times a week ever since, even on my hols. Managed one 5k just under 30 mins but for the most part continue to simply plod on at my own (slower) pace.

Have gotten up to 10k on my own using a run/walk technique suggested by a colleague at work (run 6 mins, walk1) - again not quick but just happy to do the distance. Signed up to run it 'officially' at Ben's final 401st marathon event in October.

Wherever you're at in your journey, keeeeeeeeeeeeep running :)

14 Replies

• Many congratulations on your Runniversary and a big well done for keeping going. That's usually a challenge after graduation, but it sounds as if you've got a great routine going there. Keep it up 😊

• Thank you princess, yes it's become a habit now, 2 runs in the week and Parkrun on Saturday. Get grouchy if I have to change it😃

• A huge huge huge congratulations. Your an inspiration, i hope to one day be brave as you and follow in your running steps :)

• Oh I'm not brave! But I love the feeling once I've finished 😃

• Well done for plodding on! It's just such a great way to keep fit and healthy. Well done on your 10k!

• Thanks

Think I need to work on my dodgy diet to be more healthy, but feel good for making the effort to keep moving.

• Yay Happy Runniversary Jelly !

Glad to see you haven't wobbled in your intention to keeeep running ! :-D xxx

• only my tum, bum and thighs that wobble :) !!

• Congratulations on your Runniversary! Sounds like a great routine. And well done for working up to 10k too. 😊

• thanks - I built up to it veeeeeeeeery slowly - and only do it once in a while - but good to know I can when I want to

• Happy runniversary! Sounds like you are doing great. happy running!

• Thanks Hilary - not bad for a someone who'd never run before - even in school.

Still find it hard to believe I did it, and still do :)

• Congratulations on building this new routine and under 30 mins for a 5km is terrific!

• Thanks Jojo - was so chuffed when I managed it. Just need to do it again now - prove it wasn't a fluke :)

You may also like...