I DID IT!!!!!!!

OMG! OMG! OMG! ....I did it, i jogged for 25 minutes. I was worried when the snail and slug nearly passed me I was going that slow but nevertheless I did it. Covered 3k in total including the warm up/down. Not bad for an obese 57 year old EX couch potato. Banging headache still after 2&1/2 hours and I have drunk 3 pints of water. But I did it and I am still breathing....feel so chuffed. I do need to believe in myself more to face Week 6 and the 3x25 minutes runs I will be doing (note the I will be doing). Thanks again for encouragement everyone...and good luck to all with your next targets.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

14 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Ooops Wk 7 just done wk 6

• You did it! Congratulations ☺

• Well done that is brilliant it is amazing what a little self-belief can do I am sure you will have no problems from now on just keep that self-belief going

• Woo-hoo, you did it! Onwards!

• Fantastic. Laura had now told you you are a runner. You are and if you don't it once you are absolutely right you will do it again and again and again. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• Fantastic! Well done:)

• Still breathing - always a bonus! See, you did it,well done - hurrah!

Little celebration dance, enjoy you rest time and onwards - can feel your radiated happiness πŸ˜…

• Well done, you sound very proud and rightly so! You're right, you can do Week 7 and you will!! A lot of people find it good to leave the intervals behind so keep doing what you're doing and you'll be fine!! :)

• And there she goes......

So we'll done Jmiss! You know you can do it now. Week 7 need hold no fear. Time will fly now. Brilliant run :)

• Blooming marvellous! πŸ˜€. I do mine tomorrow (w6 R3) and you have inspired me to go and smash it too. I also run like a snail πŸ˜‚ But hey who cares - we are out there doing it. Well done !

• Well done!!

• Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I feel exhilarated tonight at my achievement. (y)

• Snails and slugs always put on a spurt when they see runners coming. Twenty-five mins is fantastic. You are nearly there now!

• Wahey ! Yeeahh !

Well done , that is a toughie , a major milestone in the programme and you nailed it !

This is where you really start to truly believe that you can do it ! :-)

Congratulations to you , and I hope your headache goes soon. It was very humid today xxx

You may also like...