W5R3 - I did it! So chuffed!

I posted a couple of days ago as I am repeating week 5 as I hadn't managed R3. Today I put some different music on, counted up to 5 then 8 minutes, thought I"d try 10 then I counted down 9, 8, 7 etc u til I looked at my watch and thought OMG only 1 minute to go!

I am so chuffed with myself, although even after nearly an hour my legs still feel a bit like jelly! Onwards and upwards though. Now I feel like I CAN do this!!! I never thought in week 1 when I struggled with running for 60 seconds that I"d be doing 20 times that!

The last song I had playing on my way home today was 'Army' by Ellie Gouding and I have to say that"s what it feels like with you guys😁- standing with an army! ( Or running with an army?!)

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Fairydust I have my W5 run 3 tomorrow so could be a double OMG from myself as i will be out at 5 am and a completed run

• ☺☺☺☺

• Well done Fairydust; it's an awesome feeling that one isn't it?!

Enjoy the moment and be very proud of yourself X

• Well done you!!! It's a great feeling to smash this run, isn't it?! Great tactic to count the minutes up and then count them down!

You're absolutely right, you can and you will do this!!

• Oh my.. you are getting there... very well done! We do all run with our friends.. loads of us out there... the invisible running army. I love it!

• Well done Fairydust99 -you did it! It's such a great feeling too achieve the week 5 r3 milestone - 20 minutes yay!

• I think this is the most important run of the whole program, when you're transformed into a runner, and start to believe 30 minutes really is achievable. Beware week 6, you expect it to be easier after today's triumph, but it's a sneaky little devil, just keep doing whatever you're doing.

• Well done fairydust! That's the biggie under your belt.

You may also like...