Week 6 day 1- did you find it tough?

Just come back from my week 6 day 1 run. I have felt under the weather this week- I think the first full run in week 5 was a shock to the system... so I have rested for a couple of days. But I found today so tough... not just physically but mentally too. 

I then saw on the app that this was a hard run on the whole. So I wondered... who else found it tough and why do you think this run is so tough after all the other ones...? 

Or is it just because I am still ill?

Interested in hearing your thoughts fellow week 6ers. xx

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Go to the top of the page and do a search in the forum for W6R1. You are not alone.

• Thanks. Didn't think of doing that.

• After all teh W5R3 fear/elation posts, it is probably the most frequently raised day of the programme. Yes it does catch you out. No one quite knows why. Going back to intervals? Pooh!  A mere bagatelle, I ran 20 mins continuous a couple of days ago!...

and then... boom! The Horror! The horror!

perhaps it is an anti climax after the buildup to W5R3, perhaps it is a deliberate thing to bring us back down to Earth again. The good news is W6R2 is not nearly such hard work. Clear path to graduation now.

• Thanks for your reply, it was very encouraging. Good to know :-) 

• Rignold nailed it.

It does get easier.

:D

• I've just completed it this morning and I found it really tough for the second run section. The first 5 minutes? Fine. 8 minutes? Will it ever end. Second 5 minutes? Thanks goodness it's downhill!

• Glad to see it's not just me then, found W6R1 really tough last night, thought it would be a breeze after last week!

• Just finished this run and boy did I find it tough! Think it was because I was expecting it to be so easy after the last run. Glad I'm not alone and it seems normal. Here's to the next run!

You may also like...