W6R1 Calvin Harris & vegetarianism

So the wind had died down today and the sun was out so this evening I managed to get out for W6R2. For the first time I ran to music. Even when I've done longer runs in the past I've always just listened to sounds around me but I stuck some dance music on and it really helped. My pace was quicker and I kept going and felt like I could have just kept going. Everything going well but the midges were out already and I felt like I'd swallowed most of them...trouble is I'm a vegetarian or I was till this run...yuck 🍏

8 Replies

• Well done, and I agree completely - music really helps with the longer runs - I feel a bit guilty as I think I should be taking in nature and enjoying birdsong but some upbeat music does seem to make it all easier. 

• Well, if you too swallow insects you are literally "taking in nature" anyway... 😁

• Thanks. I know what you mean beverleyg I'm lucky enough to live in an area with beautiful scenery but the music definitely spurred me on.

• I'm a vegetarian too, have been since 1986.  I too involuntarily swallow the flying wildlife while running (so maybe I'm no longer really a vegetarian?!).  I run usually along the north bank of the Loire, and during the summer there are often many flying things that seem to make a beeline for my panting gob !

• Sounds like a great place to run. I've been veggie since around 86 as well...my mum still think it's a phase lol.

• Aren't gorillas vegetarian but end up consuming insects unintentionally?

• Oh no, that's pretty far from the sort of healthy after run snack Laura is always going on about! I definitely think music helps, though I'm sure it's a personal thing. I'm not sure I'd be quite so determined to keep going if I didn't have my favourite tracks blaring! Amazing that you've got to week 6 without needing it, you're hardcore!

• Thanks Clovers. I guess it might help with my protein intake! Definitely going to keep the music on for the run. 

You may also like...