Its cold, wet and windy outside and tonight I really couldn't be bothered!

Its cold, wet and windy outside and tonight I really couldn't be bothered!

Had two early starts for work, a 14 hour day yesterday and a 12 hour day today so was feeling tired and lethargic.

I clad myself in lycra and a wooly hat and went out for my scheduled run anyway, 2nd run of the first week of the 5k to 10k plan I'm following, 4 x10 minute runs with a 1 minute walk between. Took it slow for the first 3 running stints but was feeling ok so upped the pace for the last 10 minutes.

Turned out to be one of my most satisfying sessions, probably because I really wasnt in the mood when I set off.

9 Replies

• Well done Andy. :) 40 minutes running is awesome.

Good luck going for the 10k.

• You're going great guns! 40 mins already and at a reasonable speed. Fantastic!

• Thats the way its been with me and the C25K plan, my best runs have been the ones i thought would be the worst, i think its really a case of mind over matter.

• Love it when that happens. And well done Andy.

• Sounds good Andy. Which 5-10k plan are you following?

• Its an app I downloaded, must say I miss Lauras voice and you don't get as many pointers while running telling you how long in each stint but it seems ok, you start at week 9 out of 14 if you have completed C25K.

• It's often the way....that's why it's always worth going out no matter how much you don't want to. Well done !

• Well done you... brilliant, especially after long work hours!

PS a pikkie of you in the Lycra with the woolly hat...( you can pull the woolly hat down if you are shy!!! ) I have this wonderful image in my head..I am sure we would all love to see you !!!!

• I will ask my wife to get a piccie when im all "clad" tomorrow! No laughing though! lol

Imagine Homer Simpson in blue lycra!! lol

You may also like...