Couch to 5K
60,563 members93,206 posts

New PB 5km in 27:15 :)

It's really amazing how two runs can feel so different. Tuesday's run my legs felt really tired, like wading through treakle. A 5km time of 34:30. Then this morning, Thursday, legs felt happy, and managed a personal best of 5km in 27:15

Very pleased with that :)

Happy running folks :)

24 Replies
oldestnewest

Nice time! Not easy in this wind.

Yes, thanks, I was pleased with the time. The weather was nice here though ;) I live in france on the north bank of the Loire near Blois. That's half way between Orléans and Tours. It's very mild at the moment :)

1 like

AWESOME! Pompoms flailing for you in France- that's brilliant!

Thanks for the pompoms mfamilias. Nice to have home support :) I think we have an advantage over our chums in england at the moment, the weather here being so mild :)

1 like

It might be mild, but we've got a strong wind blowing here in the Languedoc, with enough chill to freeze the balls off a brass monkey :)

1 like

Great run Zev, congratulations on the new PB! 🏆

Thanks AM :)

..... And I'm rattling my maracas in Manchester ! Hal ha !

Well done Zev ! You are now an official " racing snake " :-)

Amazing xxxx

1 like

Thanks for the maracas rattling Poppypug. I love seeing your posts on here, you are always a great inspiration and encouragement :)

1 like

Thank you Zev xxxx That is really kind of you to say so xxx

Well done ☺ You must be super chuffed!!!

Thanks goonkeepgoing, yes, very pleased. It's been a long haul getting back to fitness after the ankle injury in march last year, but I finally think I'm getting back into shape :)

1 like

That's a cracking time!

Thanks Sparky :)

That's a fabulous time Zev. Well done to you and your legs! 🏃🏃🏃

Thanks IrishPrincess :)

Wow Zev that's a really speedy time! Congratulations! 😊

7 minutes faster? Thats mega!

Yes Curly, 7 minutes faster than the run on Tuesday. But Tuesday's run was especially slow. What is so odd is that 2 days later my legs decided to do the same run in 27:15. The 34 was unusually slow, my normal weekday morning 5km comes in at between 31 and 29. I do find that Tusday's run is usually slower than Thursday's because I think I am a little tired after Sunday's long run. I did 14km on Sunday in 1h30.

Brilliant time Zev, really well done :)

Thanks Rob :)

Cor, you're speedy! That's fantastic, well done to you :)

Zev, you are a champion. I am envious

You may also like...