W6R3 done!

I confess!

I was naughty!

I did not take the rest day and did W6R3 today!

The reason being I am running again on Friday morning with a friend and taking part in SuperNova 5K on Saturday midnight.

So I intend to rest tomorrow.

After 12 and half minutes into the run, I knew I could do the remaining 12 and half minutes. And when Laura said - increase speed for the last minute if you can and finish on a high - I did :-)

Looking back, 6 weeks ago - actually 7 weeks ago as I repeated week 5 - I could not run more than 2 minutes! And now I am looking forward to running 25 minutes at a time!!!

I am feeling so grateful :-)

12 Replies

• Brilliant .. well done!!!! Keep it up (but very naughty not taking your rest day!!!) ;-)

• Thanks Rachel.

I am going to rest between now and my next run on Friday morning :-)

• Well done Ash, knew that stumble at week 5 was just a blip. Youre on the home straight now!

• Thanks Ully!

I learnt at week 5 that I needed to slow down further. So it was still a worthwhile experience :-)

• Don't feel bad. I did W6R1 last night and plan on doing W6 R2 tonight so I can do R3 on Friday before I am out of town this weekend. Congrats on having such a successful run. It is amazing what your body can do when you give it a chance to learn how to do it!!!!

• Good luck Laura on your runs!

• Well, I held to it last night and did two runs itwo days in a row. I really didn't want to go out and get it done. On my way home from work, I even came up with millions of reasons why I shouldn't or couldn't. It was cloudy and cold and starting to rain, and I would freeze and it was only 50 F yesterday evening, so hardly cold at all.

Which is bizarre, for me thinking that, since two years ago I did a race in snow pack and the temp was about 0 F, so I know I am tougher than the cold. Anyway, I FINALLY put those thoughts aside went inside and changed and just went for it. It was another amazing run. The first 10 minutes I had some tight calf muscles, but pushed through and in my second 10 minutes I felt really strong and good! So today, I will enjoy my rest day before taking on Week 6 R. 3 tomorrow.

• Good luck Laura with W6R3!

• Thanks! And looking forward to your post about your 5k. Good luck!

• Thanks Laura!

• You did it so it is the main thing. I suppose it is a question of scheduling and you can always stop if you feel you may hurt yourself.

• Thanks Admin!

Yes, I needed to do the run yesterday so that I could rest today.

It's interesting how you end up juggling life around running :-)

You may also like...