Daytime running groups?

I am disappointed that the running clubs are all in the evenings! I don't like leaving it until late in the day and like to be with family in the evenings. Also, now it is dark, they have to go on the paths and I like to have my legs on grass if I can as this is more fun and less impact on my joints. Of course lots of people work but I would think there are lots of people who are available in the day and we could be more adventurous about where we go, what do u think??

5 Replies

• Yes, I would like to know the answer to this as well.

• Thank you. I will go to another evening club for now as I want to learn how they do them. I am booked on an Assistant Leader course in November, maybe I will start one. Would need to pat £150 to become a certified leader but get £50 back if I start a group. It is with Jog Northants and Sports England. Would love to see people get into running who might not otherwise try it

• Why don't you start your own little social gathering during the day for like minded people -'in the same situation? There must be some?

• I think I will. Going on an Assistanf Jog Leader course soon so will c what is involved, would like to do it properly. Can do accreditation training but it costs £150 (50 per cent refundable if u start a new group. Might b fun, would b brilliant to see people discover the joy of running

• Excellent!!! And keep the forum updated and also members near you may want to join too!

You may also like...