GRADUATED!!! :D - Week 9 Run 3

Yipee!!! I can't believe I've graduated! (should I put this on my CV?) :D

The run was absolutely fab! I felt like breathing was really easy and not super loud for once. I also felt like I was running quicker and didn't feel like I was dying with the speed.

I went the same route as I normally do (since it's where my journey started) and went further than normal. However I had to jog at walking pace (felt like I was bouncing up and down like one of the suction cup pop up toys) because there were bikes crawling across and the bridge was narrow so I felt like I lost a decent amount of time, look at me talking about time and distance! lol Since I went further I found a really nice park which has outdoor gym equipment and a huge field where tonnes of dogs were playing, it was really nice :)

On the last minute I pushed myself hard, sprinting like I was in a race (actually more like being chased by zombies in an apocalypse) and my breathing was really raggedy but it felt superb running that fast! And of course I wouldn't forget the compulsory 'woo hoo' to celebrate my graduation (along with a yummy meal) :D

Now it's onto the speed podcast! 5K in 30 minutes, I'm coming for you! :D

~ Graduate Giraffe lol

PS. Yes tags, I would like to do suction walking! :D

Last edited by

32 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Wow FloatingGiraffe! What an enthusiastic post!

Doesn't Graduation give you a terrific buzz?

You've come a long way from those first faltering steps where running for a minute was a challenge to ending a 30 minute run with a sprint finish!

Well done and don't forget your Graduation Badge.

• It definitely does give you a buzz :)

Yeah I have, thank you :D

• Congratulations! I hope you feel really proud of yourself. Lots of lovely running adventures ahead!

• Thank you! :D

• Congratulations, you did it! πŸ˜ƒ

• Hehe I did! Thank you :)

• Congratulations! And sounds like a wonderful run to graduate on- well done πŸ˜€

• Yeah it was fab :D Thank you :)

• Congratulations and well done! Now find a new challenge - book a race, start parkrun, just make sure you maintain the habit. :)

• Thank you! :D I've already been bit by the running bug hehe :)

• Fabulous achievement, fabulous post. Well done.

• Thank you :D

• Great stuff- well done! I Graduated yesterday and I'm still grinning like a looney!

• Congratulations to you and Giraffe. What an achievement!!

• Thank you! :)

• Thank you! :) Congratulations, we should be grinning for years to come! :D

• Congratulations!

• Thank you! :)

• Well done, you must be feeling on top of the world.

• Thank you :) Yeah I am haha

• Congratulations, its a wonderful feeling.

• Thank you :D Yeah it is :)

• Well done - and yes, we should feel that completing C25K speaks volumes about us and all good.

• Congratulations!!!!! That is fantastic! Way to go. Suction walking eh? Now I'm picturing you going up the side of a building. Too funny.

Hehe It will be like in a spy movie :)

• Well done :-) Happy future running!!

• Hey what an achievement ! I am pretty much at the same place it sounds like ! I'm at 5k quickest 40min awesome to hear and good luck

Yup, I think we're about the same :) I ran for 40 minutes today and managed to just get over 5K hehe :D

• Hurrah! WELL DONE YOU!

You may also like...