W2R1 Done!!

So after breezing through week 1 and loving it today was W2R1! Well, that extra 30 seconds really takes it out of you! My legs felt like lead and the road seems to have got a lot longer than last week... The first run section felt heavy, I went off too fast and it was tough. The second I still found tough and the third. The fourth was brilliant, loved it! Felt on top of the world! I'm not quite sure why every time it takes me a good 3 run sections to enjoy it! By the end my legs were done, but I was smiling!

I hope run 2 feels easier, I did a lot more stretching before I went and that seems to have helped my poor calf muscles! :)

Happy Sunday all!

7 Replies

• As long as you were still smiling at the end..... well done to you and a Happy Sunday to you too.

• Fantastic, well done. same as I had with my calf muscles in the first couple of weeks, tight in the first runs then easing off as it went along. Just came in from wk 5 run1 and its hard to believe that me, and the wife are jogging along for 5 minutes at a time. that's how well this program works and we are looking forward to the 8 minutes in two days.

• Well done for keeping going! I've just done W2R1 today so running behind you all the way!! Good luck. ;)

• Thank you! I'm doing run 2 tomorrow, given my legs an extra day to recover!! I still can't imagine running more than 90 seconds!

• I've just done W2R1 as well and seem to have the same change after third run, four onwards seem to be much easier. Well done.

• Oooh another Lord on the forum !

Welcome your Lordship :-) xxx

• Well done Sar ! That's the way to do it with a big big smile on ya chops !

Keep going, you are doing great ! :-) xxx

You may also like...