Couch to 5K
60,433 members93,096 posts

W2R1 done 👍🏻

Felt good about completing this. Was a little wary about tackling it on a dark, cold and rainy evening after a week of teaching - but run 1 done😀 I even found myself pushing through the last run to quicken up the pace.

Started with a running club also last Wednesday (I was completing my W1R3) and it felt easier to run as a group. Maybe comforted by the fact we are in the same position and everyone was looking out for one another

Tried the breathing techniques suggested by the lovely Laura and I found it tricky to breathe in for four beats - more practice needed - probably distracted by the random music

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Sounds like you're doing great👍 The running club sounds like a brilliant idea, all spurring each other on🙂

I wouldn't worry to much about the 4 breaths etc, I can't do it either, I think it depends on your height and fitness maybe? I'm sure someone more knowledgeable could tell us but for now keep up the good work👍

Thank you.

I'm looking forward to ticking off the weeks

I can't do Laura's breathing. I breathe in for three steps and out for two - took some getting used to at first but now it's second nature :)

Sounds great, running with a club - enjoy the 'real-life' motivation and encouragement. :)

1 like

I can't do Laura's breathing either!

The running club sounds great - definitely helps to be with a group of like-minded people.

1 like

Well done Blackbird... in full song and going great guns here :)

1 like

You may also like...