W5R1

Managed to get out early with the dog to tackle this off road. 1st 5 min run, I felt like a gazelle for the 1st 2.5 mins, a sloth for the rest. Then in my mind I was 1 of the Avengers when the action hero soundtrack kicked in for 2nd 5 mins (although loked more like I was trotting) & for last 5 mins (delightfully starting at a botom of a hill) the dog was dragging my sorry carcass up it. However, job done. Looking forward to W5R2 & pretending R3 doesn't exist... Happy running everyone!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • On one of my "small" run, I started too fast and this was my downfall as even after I slow down, I was so puffed up, it was very difficult to carry one. Lesson learn: take it easy.

• Well done - you're doing great! -and the dog too!

• Thanks guys. I have to say the dog makes running look pretty easy!

• Dogs are great. When I'm at the bottom of a hill I can say 'let's go let's go,' and Marty will pull and give that extra momentum to drag me up the hill.

• I know! Ollie is a life saver. He's loving this running programme as he's legging it all over the place, exploring new woodlands. I'm hoping when I pluck up the courage to do a park run I can take him with me to help keep my pace up.

You may also like...