I'm Back!

Hi everybody! I did the couch to 5k three years ago after never running before. I ran regularly for two years, building up to a half marathon. I then became depressed after being injured, put weight on and became unfit again.

I haven't been out running for nearly a year and today I completed my first run of week one. It was like running through treacle but I thouroughly enjoyed it and it's so nice to be back!

I just hope I can keep it up, I thought by coming on here again, it might spur me on to get out regularly again!

12 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • That is so impressive that you have picked yourself up after a while out. Well done!

I am a first timer who just completed week 5 and my fitness has improved so much. You will be feeling great in no time. :-)

• Thankyou Ruthieroo! Well done for getting to week five.. Can't wait to be feeling better πŸ˜ƒ

• Welcome back Gridlet! You've picked a great time of year to start again so keep posting and we'll try to keep you on track.

• Thankyou Irishprincess! Much appreciated!

• Hi and welcome back :D it takes a lot of determination to get out the door and start :D so really well done , you already know what to expect and what a great time of year to start :D

• Thanks Rob, I've been putting it off for ages, you're right, a great time of year to start πŸ˜ƒ

• Congratulations and welcome back - glad to hear you say you enjoyed it. You've done the hardest part already...

• Thankyou AHS! You're right! The hardest part is stepping out the door... Need to keep it up now πŸ˜ƒ

• Welcome back ! Good to hear youre giving it another go.

We are all behind you xxx

Keep posting and let us know how youre doing :-) xxx

• Aah Thankyou poppy! It's lovely to have encouragement and support. Xxxx

• Welcome back! You've had a rough time but you're going to do brilliantly again because you know you can do it, and you know you'll get support on here :) I bet you'll find it easier the second time round. Keep posting to let us know how it's going, and happy running!

• Hope so Annie! Thankyou so much! πŸ˜ƒ

You may also like...