W6R3 -I was petrified - now I'm proud!

Hi all you lovely people - I DID IT!!!! It was easily the hardest run to date - hardest by a country mile. BUT I DID IT! I'm so so pleased. Mind you, I was like a sloth on mogadon by the end I was so slow and when Laura said something along the lines of 'if you're feeling good ramp it up and end it on a high' I almost laughed out loud! All I could do was keep putting one foot in front of the other. The last two minutes were awful but I was determined to finish. Phew!

When Laura said the magic words - 'you're officially a runner now - congratulations' I almost cried. Right there in the middle of the gym.

Thank you all so much for your support when I was worrying - it really made a difference considering how nervous I was feeling. I bought myself some fresh strawberries as a reward and they were lovely. Hurrah!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

17 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done, I knew it would be alright!

• That's fantastic! You're an inspiration to me. Hope I manage it tomorrow!

• Excellent well done! you runner you! x :-)

• Massive congratulations. I am only on week 3 but determined to get to this stage! Congratulations, runner! :)

• I'm delighted for you. I'm sure those strawberries tasted yummy if you can even eat them through your smile!

• I am amazed you could even think of laughing...I could barely get my breath lol!!!A big well done and you deserved more than strawberries ๐Ÿ˜€

• Congratulations!! Feels great I agree ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Aaah bless. Well done you. I can remember hanging on to the treadmill for dear life incase I fell off!!! It gets easier!! But you did it! Well done.

• Well done!! It's a great feeling isn't it :)

• Well done! Nearly there now! Laura does make me laugh sometimes :) (But I can forgive her anything).

• Hurrah ! Yes it is an amaaazing feeling innit ? Well done you , youre doing great -Keep going ! :-)

Yeah Baby ! :-D xxx

• Congratulations! Now you have the proof that you can graduate.

• Thank you all so much - it is indeed a great feeling!

• Wow, well done Krups! Your sloth comment really made me laugh. Ha ha๐Ÿ˜

Keep plugging away. You're nearly there

• I remember having a few choice words for Laura when she suggested ramping it up a bit, but I could have kissed her when she said I was a runner! Well done you xx

• Fantastic, well done!!! You're nearly there, be proud of yourself and keep going!! ;)

• Thank you miss slinky!

You may also like...