Week5-Run1-Done!

For some reason I was putting off week five. I did week four 2 extra times. The title of week 5 - RUN ONE, make me think I'd be running continueously for 6 or 7 minutes. Well I just ran it today and was seriously glad that I did and accomplished it no problem. Although it's cold here I ran it outside which I enjoy more than the treadmill. I tracked my run with my Fitbit and found that it took me about 41 minutes and total length of walk/run was 3.2 miles. I'm feeling pretty good about that for being a beginner and an old geez! Ha. It's true that using this system you really can see the improvements week after week.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Fantastic - very well done. 3.2miles, that's really interesting as obviously 5k is 3.1. Really, really, well done. Pressure's on me now!

• Have you started week 5?

• No! Just finished wk 4 today, so I'll start on Tuesday. You're one step ahead of me. Really interesting to watch your progress. We should finish about together, fingers crossed.

• Well done. It's amazing watching both the running improve and the recovery time shorten. You're halfway through the program now - be really pleased with your progress

• Hey ! that's 5k and a perfectly acceptable time. Well done !

• Well done, that's a good distance. Not sure I managed that at your stage. Congrats on your progress, you doing great!

You may also like...