Couch to 5K
54,828 members87,338 posts

Week5/Run2

I did it!! I RAN for 8 minutes twice!! Euphoric I never thought I could do it. For those who said it was mind over legs you were right. I made a playlist of my favourite artist Ryan Adams and segmented my favourite songs at the second part of the 8 minutes and was even singing along ( although maybe that was in my head!). Sorry if I am rabbiting on but husband not home from swim yet and I have no one to tell!!!

Unfortunately don't believe the time/distance on strava app! Cannot be correct as I ran almost the same route as last time. So could not have done much more!!

Thanks for listening. You have got this.

Kx

21 Replies
oldestnewest

Fantastic ! Kimloulou you did it ! Good for you and thanks for sharing. However didn't quite understand your reply post to me but please don't feel pathetic at all because you have done amazing work! Yippee !👍😆😆

1 like

Just because I thought you had ran 10k in 36 mins!!! Which is definitely superwoman territory.

1 like

Well done! I just needed to comment as my favorite artist is also Ryan Adams! I ❤️ him. Did you not find his songs too slow to run too? I might actually copy you. :)

Yeah!! Someone who knows Ryan. I did Sweet Carolina and English Girls as my last tracks of 8 mins. Had a nice rhythm. If I can work out how will post on Spotify

2 likes

And a Geordie as am I. I like you x

1 like

Kimloulou I'm a Geordie too....! I was born in Newcastle upon Tyne then as a new born baby went to a mining village called hazelrigg,the teenage years in seaton burn another mining village which is just before Morpeth,Alnwick .

Where are you from ? 😄😄

Originally Wallsend. But left in 1988 to live in Scotland now living in London. This is the Spotify playlist.

open.spotify.com/user/11131...

2 likes

Perfect! Thank you. Love me some Americana/indie/folk! :)

My friend just saw Ryan Adams in New Zealand, I thought she meant Bryan Adams lol. I couldn't run without my music! Prodigy gets me going!

1 like

Well done KimLouLou. Just read your post as I'm recovering from exactly the same run. Well done us!!!!!!!!

1 like

Definitely. Chomping celebratory chocolate.

1 like

Go girl!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🏃🏼‍♀️🐢😀

1 like

Very well done!!! I find myself singing along sometimes too, then laugh and then panic about it! You did great :)

1 like

Well done - I'm right behind you and will be doing that run tomorrow. I havent been listening to music while I run, but I think I need to start as the runs are getting longer now.....

2 likes

I could not do it without music. Just bought some lovely headphones!!

New headphones are going to be my gift to myself st the end o f week 5. Which did you buy?

Scullcandy knockout. Fab sound. Seem to fit really snuggly will let you know how they are to run in.

1 like

I have also just completed W5R2! 8 minutes has never seemed so long, lol. For me, music is what gets me through but I get really frustrated if a song comes on shuffle that I don't like so must make a playlist for run 3 as that is going to feel like a marathon to me. Good music is the key! Well done, and keep going.

1 like

Well done. Music definitely helps!!

Yippee, well done. Feeling motivated by lots of lovely posts. Just off to do my W5R2!

1 like

just done Week 5 Run 2. I've been working from home today doing admin so it felt great to get out in the fresh air, have a break from work and get moving. Run 3 on Saturday -eek.

2 likes

You may also like...