New Year's Eve 5k PBs

New Year's Eve 5k PBs

So that's it then running is done for the year. Since I started C25K in April I have been amazed by the support from this forum. THANK YOU ALL! It has paid off. Since June when I got my Garmin I have done over 500km with some injuries but a new found passion for just simply running. I wanted to end this running year on a high and boy did I ever. It was tough, it was cold but I have a new PB for 5k of 27 mins and 28 secs. A new PB for 1k of 4 mins 44 secs. Not bad for a 52 year old. To celebrate I took my trusty pooch out for his walk and am now back looking forward to a nice cuppa and some christmas cake.

Incredible looking back to those early weeks and the run/walks huffing and puffing. Now it's the same - still huffing and puffing but when you challenge yourself to do your best you can achieve great things. I love the fact I can run 5k, and also 10k and who knows how far next year will be.

I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year when it comes. For those yet to graduate stick at it even when it gets tough this programme will get you to 30 mins running. I hope you all have new PBs for the New Year.

Happy Running all

GettingFitter (Definitely!)

Last edited by

13 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • The scenery, the sense of achievement, the exercise, the PB.... Can't beat this running thing! Happy new year!

• Absolutely Rob, not to mention running with your dog ;-)

• Happy New Year to you too KK

• Great run to finish the year with. You should be proud. Happy new year! :)

• Thanks Tomas - very chuffed as you can imagine. Now for sub 27 mins next year ;-)

• Congratulations on that time, good way to finish the year.

• Thanks Jo - absolutely delighted

• Excellent! Well done!! Have a great new year! Looking forward to reading your posts in 2015! You always inspire me cos you're so positive!!!

• Brilliant Toonlou hope you have a great 2015 !!

• Ooh that's fantastic! Well done you! Happy New Year :)

• Thanks Hilbean Happy New Running Year to you too !!

• Oh Ive just seen this, this is brilliant . Amazing stuff GF, that is seriously fast. Well done to you. You should feel very very proud of yourself :-)

Will Rico be okay with the fireworks later on ? Hope so xxx

• Thank you PP. I'm sure Rico will be fine it's the preparations with my girls and their friends he finds exciting ;-)

You may also like...